Bertharry English Private School.
At Bertharry English Private School, learners are encouraged to become involved in the school and have ample opportunity to participate in activities that suit their specific needs and interests. They are provided with an all-round education that will help to prepare them for further tertiary studies and the world of work.
Have questions? TALK TO US
Our vision, beyond providing quality education, is hinged on empowering our students to acquire, demonstrate, articulate, value knowledge and skills. This attribute, we believe, will support them as life-long learners, to participate and contribute to the global world and practice the core values of the school, respect, tolerance, inclusion and excellence. We endeavour to provide the highest programs possible from early childhood through high school, to nourish the body, mind, and soul of each child in our care.
• To provide or direct the effort of staff, parents and learners.
• To provide a measure by which the school can evaluate its progress.
• To provide a safe and conducive environment suitable for teaching and learning to take place.
• To create and develop responsible citizens by providing a supportive and hope giving environment.
• To provide proper healthy communication channels to enhance the culture of learning and teaching.
• To create the culture of participation in co-curricular activities in supporting and learning.
• To eradicate poverty in our surrounding area by reaching out to our community.
Established in 1991, the school was named after its co-founding siblings, now Directors, Bertha and Harry Kumwenda. With a very humble beginning of a township crèche, and with only three learners, the school first opened its doors in Endulwini, at St Mathews Catholic Church premises. The school improved each passing year with the introduction of the Primary school phase as the children graduated from the pre-school. The school prides itself as the first black owned private school, in the township, to have English as its Home Language and Afrikaans as the First Additional Language.
LOCATION AND CLIENTELE
Bertharry English Private School is located in the heart of the vibrant Township of Tembisa in Gauteng Province. It is situated at 14 Mapungubwe Street, Temong Section, Tembisa. Most of the learners that are enrolled at the school reside within Tembisa itself. We also do have learners that come from areas as far as Olifantsfontein, Kaalfontein, Midrand, Birch Acres, and even beyond. Our reach has gone beyond Tembisa; hence the 2021 learner enrolment stands at 1904.